April 19, 2012

Mama Duck

On a long walk along the Indian Creek trail, I was able to walk through the woods and get down next to the water where this mama duck was swimming.

Which shot is your favorite?

Mama Duck #1

Mama Duck #2.

Mama Duck #3.

Further down the creek some male mallards were hanging out together, so I share them as a bonus pic.

1. Mama Duck # 3 definitely my favorite

• Thanks Jacquie! I liked the way the sunlight streaming through the trees had her swimming in a sea of green. It was so fun to have her be brave enough to get nice and close to me. I feel like I’m usually trying to snap ducks from 100 yards away! 🙂

2. I like #2 – she’s most in focus. Love the reflection and all the green.

• While I wanted to share all three pics (because there was something I loved about each), I liked #2 enough to make it the featured image for this blog post. Thanks for always stopping by and sharing your tips and experience with me, Lindy!

3. I like Mama Duck #1 because her reflection in the water is clear. I also like that you captured her looking at the camera.

• Thanks, Kathy! I had a hard time picking one favorite out of the three shots because I loved something special about each one. I agree with your assessment of what makes #1 a fun shot.

4. Definitely # 3!

5. I love #2…her expression is sweet.

6. Mama Duck 3 is my favorite.

7. I like the mama duck #3 🙂 The color in the water and the focus on the ripples I think are a little better, but they are all really pretty 🙂 Gotta love those ducks!

Animals, Nature, Water