April 28, 2012

Busy as a Bee

After spending what seemed like an hour trying to capture the bees buzzing around my blooming herb garden, I had a deeper appreciate for the expression “busy as a bee.”  Good grief!  It took an amazing amount of effort to position myself, frame up the shot, focus on the bee, and pull the trigger before the bee moved on to suck the juice out of the next sage flower.  For the life of me, I don’t understand how folks manage the amazing bee captures I’ve seen in the past!

What do you think?  Do you have a favorite between these two?

Bee #1.  This guy is chowing down on a sage bloom.

Bee #2.  While I couldn’t capture him flying by the flower, at least I captured more of him this time.

1. I like the top one the best. (You are correct…they are difficult to “capture.”)

2. They are both framed really well. If I had to pick I’d say the top one, because the little bee has buried himself in the flower! 🙂

3. My vote is for the first picture. Kind of reminds me of Winnie the Pooh.

4. First one’s my fave!
    anne

• I’m so glad I posted both pics. I would have otherwise just posted the second, and it seems unanimous that folks like #1 better! 🙂

5. The second one is pretty cool lol! I like it

• Thanks, Wanna Be! I was just thrilled to finally have two halfway decent photos to show for all of my effort! 🙂

6. I go for number two, probably because the centre of interest is more concentrated (highlights and subject matter). Good photograph(s).

7. I love the bees and all the close up macro styles you do!

Animals, Plants and Flowers