Besides an early spring, we’ve had essentially no rain this April.  Thankfully, things are blooming like crazy nonetheless.  If April showers typically bring May flowers, I’m hopeful that all of the beautiful April flowers will bring us more showers in May.  Instead of boring you with a ridiculous number of flower shots one-by-one for a week (and then some), here are some of the flower shots I have yet to share from April.

What do you think?  Do you have a favorite?

April Flower #1.  These pretty white flowers at the edge of my neighbor’s property will soon be wild blackberries.

April Flower #2.  The chives in my herb garden just starting to flower.

April Flower #3.  A chive flower in full bloom.

April Flower #4.  A tiny geranium bud on my back deck.

April Flower #5.  Honeysuckle in the afternoon sun.

April Flower #6.  Looking down on an iris in my front yard.

April Flower #7.  A peony outside my son’s window.

April Flower #8.  A tropical flower along the boardwalk in Miami.  (That’s the ocean you see in the background.)

April #9.  An ant crawls across one of the small yellow flowers on the green bushes in my backyard.

1. They’re ALL so pretty!

2. I sooo want to live somewhere those are blooming right now! Beautiful!

• Where in the world are you? I sooooo hope you have beautiful blooms coming your way shortly. They make all the difference after a grey winter!

3. Beautiful! You are so good with flowers.

4. Beautiful. I had no idea chives were so pretty.

5. Beautiful, what camera do you use?

• Thanks so much! My camera isn’t a very fancy one. I switched from a Nikon CoolPix L120 to a FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR in March. My goal for this year was to really push myself to develop my eye and skill with a still reasonably-sized camera I could carry everywhere in my purse. I’m hoping to move up to a really nice camera once I feel I’ve improved my skills.

However, per the chatter on this page
      it sounds like I need to get a nicer camera with a great telephoto lens right away! 🙂

• Well it seems like it has good zoom. I’m using a basic camera as well; i think the european version of a cannon powershot. I’d love to have a dslr, but I don’t think a fancy camera is necessary to take great shots…

• I think the zoom is okay. I’m not always happy with how things turn out at a distance with the zoom, but will quickly admit it is more likely to be a lack of talent in me rather than a deficiency with the camera.

I will work my way up to a DSLR, but in the meantime, I’ve seen a HUGE difference in my photos just in the past three to four months just by practicing a lot, forcing myself to share with others, and feedback from very talented amateurs and professionals via my blog.

I agree with you, a fancy camera helps, but it’s not necessary to take great shots. I will look forward to following your blog and photos and seeing what your Canon and you can do together!

6. Absolutely beautiful shots!!

7. great photo, nice flowers
    Benoit

8. So many beautiful flowers. Love the purple chive flower 🙂

9. 2, 3 and 7 are my favs 😀 HAHA! I love how you make your blogs fun lol

10. We don’t usually have April showers. Lots of December and January showers, though. However, this year was the wettest April I can remember of the 18 Aprils I’ve spent in San Diego. Which doesn’t bode well for this fall and our annual fire season. The rain won’t keep up, so eventually the now-green hillsides will become dried and brown. Ergo, fire season.

• Sounds a bit like my high school years in San Francisco: six months of rain, six months of no rain. The hills are green for six months, the hills are brown for six months. But, unlike the weather here Somewhere-in-the-Middle-of-the-USA, at least you know for sure that you can graduate, get married, or have some other milestone event outdoors with guaranteed lovely, rain-free weather!

11. I enjoyd all of these, Shutterbug!

• Thanks, Bente! I loved the seaside pics that were a small segue from snow and reindeers on your site today! 🙂

12. Very beautiful collection!

13. #6, the Iris! Gorgeous!

About Shutterbug Sage

While everyone can benefit from travel, not everyone is in a position to travel the world for a living. EverydayWanderer.com is a blog for people with wanderlust AND a real life.

Plants and Flowers, Spring