June 15, 2012

O Canada

It’s official.  I’m headed to Toronto the second week of July for a business trip.  Eeeek!  I’m so excited as it’s been on my “bucket list” for a while.

Do you live in Toronto?  Have you visited Toronto?  I need your suggestions of what I should shoot in the early morning and afternoons/evenings after my meetings while I’m there.

Please share your thoughts via the comments!

1. Welcome to Canada, we’re glad to have you. You will absolutely love Toronto. What part of the city are you visiting?

• Our meeting and hotels will be downtown. From the map, it seems that our hotel is right in the heart of the Entertainment District. Does that help?

• Great! You’re within walking distance of many Toronto attractions. The Royal Ontario Museum aka ROM, is world renowned and home to one of North America’s largest collection of antiquities. A trip up to the CN tower is awesome on a clear day where you can see as far as upstate New York. Many more attractions depending on your time. Check out http://www.toronto.com/

• You are amazing! Thanks for all of the tips. They are on the list I’m making! Words cannot describe how excited I am!

2. Fanatastic. Are you staying downtown? Email me and I’ll put together some suggestions for you. Also will you have a car?

3. Just saw your answer to another comment. If your staying in the entertainment district, which is a great area, have a look at my post today. All the images are from there.

4. Yay, you are coming to my neck of the woods. I live about 1 1/2 hours NW of Toronto, but I was born and raised in Toronto. You will love it! What I love capturing in downtown Toronto is the contrast between the old and new buildings. It makes for some interesting photos. Of course, you will have to take photos of our famous CN Tower, and Kensington Market and Chinatown are great places for photo ops too – lots of colour and activity!! The harbour is also really beautiful :).

• Dear Loony, thanks so much for the great tips. These are all on my list and I’m definitely going to want to see the harbour since I’m generally in a land-locked place!

5. I’m envious. Have a great trip! 🙂

• Thanks! I’m just hoping I have enough time around my business obligations to get in some good camera time!

6. Have fun. You’ll have a great time.

7. Take your camera to Brookfield Place in the downtown core (just look it up on Google). You won’t be disappointed. The city hall is also a *great* photography subject.

• Frank, thanks for the additional suggestions. They are added to my list. I am getting sooooo excited!

8. Sadly I have never been there, sorry!

9. The AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) is lovely and they have a really wonderful Picasso exhibit on until August that you should check out if you have the chance 🙂 Enjoy your trip!

10. Wow! This blog is great and I love your posts. Keep up the great work!

Photography, This Year of Pics, Travel