It was important to me to make it to the top of the Arch by the time the sun set so I could experience that with my camera in hand.  I must have spent at least an hour walking the rectangular perimeter of the observation deck as the day drew to a close, snapping hundreds of shots.

Here are three of my favorites.  What do you think?  Do you have a favorite below?

Paris from the Arch Photo #1.  As the sun setting in the west casts a pink hue on the horizon, Paris’s most notable landmark stands out among the rest of the buildings.

Paris from the Arch Photo #2.  About 90 degrees to the west, the colors of the sunset kick in as car lights come on, but buildings stay relatively dark.

Paris from the Arch Photo #3.  Twelve wide city streets come together at a the biggest road rotary I’ve ever seen at L’Etoile, the site upon which L’Arc de Triomphe sits.  Here’s a shot down one of “the Star’s rays” as night settles in.

1. This is beautiful

2. I like the first one. The night lights are cool. They are all good, it’s just that one sneaks it by an iota 🙂

3. They’re all gorgeous, but the first one is very striking! I love the soft colors of the sky, and the way the lines of green trees lead the viewers eyes out. Very nice!!

4. Can’t get enough of the Eiffel Tower! I’m a sucker for the view from the Arc de Triomphe, you nailed it just right in the first picture! Are you there now or are these memories from a recent trip?

5. Really liking the last shot. Nice work!

6. I love seeing Eiffle Tower in the first one 🙂 I think that one is my favorite

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

About Shutterbug Sage

While everyone can benefit from travel, not everyone is in a position to travel the world for a living. EverydayWanderer.com is a blog for people with wanderlust AND a real life.

Autumn, City, Fall, One Thing, Three Ways, Photography, Travel