As a friend recently asked, “What is it about December that brings out the ‘year in review recaps’ and ‘predictions’ in all of us?”  I don’t know the answer, but I do feel myself being sucked in.  Because the “A to Z” series I incorporated into my 365+1 photo blogging project has been so well received, I thought I’d use the remainder of December to turn the concept around on myself.

As 2012 comes to a close, I’d like to share a few of my favorite shots from my own work this past year from A to Z.  There is a poll to vote for your favorite shot at the end of each post.  As always I love your feedback and suggestions as I continue to develop my skills.

Click on each shot to see the original post.

A is for…

After the Rain

After the Rain 2

Amour Along the Seine

Amour Along the Seine

Artist in Montmartre

Artist in Montmartre

…and an Acorn at the Arboretum.

Acorn

1. Tough choice, but I think it has to be the first one. I struggle for the motivation to do anything when it’s raining, let alone go out and get wet so I’ve bought some great umbrellas. A bright orange one, a red one with black and white scottie dogs on it and one in the shape and colours of a sunflower.
    🙂 They look great reflected in puddles, as does the striped one you’ve caught here.

• I just wish we could have more rain! It’s been soooooo dry here for at least the past two years. Little to no snow in winter (there should be tons of it) and hardly any rain in the spring.

2. All good. My favourite though is After The Rain

3. Love this! Eager to see the rest of the alphabet! 😉

4. Vote for “after the rain”, but also like “artist in Montmatre”. After the rain is won my heart though! Robyn

• Thanks for stopping by and voting, Robyn. It looks like the photo of my youngest daughter preparing to splash in a puddle this past summer is in the lead! 🙂

5. I’m excited about your A-Z project and am looking forward to seeing the rest of the alphabet and voting. It’s a fun idea!

6. This is such a great idea. I’m sure it’s very time-consuming … but I love it.

• It took a little time to thumb back through this year’s posts and create my list, but it was very rewarding to do so. I cannot believe how much I’ve grown in these past 12 months as an amateur photographer. It’s fun to pull some of my favorites and get one last bit of feedback from all the wonderful (and very talented) folks who read my blog. Like YOU!

• I’ve enjoyed looking at your photos throughout the year … and I agree that you’ve grown a lot! Do you plan to continue next year?

• Yes! I’m hooked! The good news? I’m taking my first real photography class since I was a kid in 4H just after the first of the year. It’s just a two hour basic class followed by a two hour photo editing class, but it should be a great start. The bad news? I don’t think I’ll get to go as many exciting places with work in 2013, so I hope I can find enough interesting things to shoot in 2013!

7. I just went through A to E. Awesome shots and this is a great idea.

8. I remember these! Great shots 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

About Shutterbug Sage

Follow my 365 project at http://www.ShutterbugSage.com.

A to Z, Poll, This Year of Pics, Travel