When the Plaza lights go off tonight, it marks the end of the 83rd year that they’ve illuminated the lovely Country Club Plaza during the holidays.  While flurries swirled around me in the cold wind last Saturday night, I quickly snapped this shot from the roof of a parking garage near the Giralda Tower on my way to dinner.

Plaza Bulb_edited-1

1. Great shot! Were you up on the roof?

• Sort of. Most of the parking garages on the Plaza have an uncovered, rooftop level and I took this from there.

2. This is really cool. I like the focus on the front and the bokeh in the far back. Real light bulbs just make the best light in photos.

• Thank you! I wish I’d known what I learned in my class last night when I took this shot, though. I can already think of five ways I could have made it waaaay better!

3. Hi there ShutterbugSage.com! I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! To figure out how to claim this reward please visit the link below. 🙂

Thanks for being such an inspiring blogger! I know your photography has definitely inspired me at some point in the past. 🙂

4. I just love the color and feeling of the lighting in this photo.

5. Haha, I just posted a “final” photo of the Plaza lights as well. I didn’t intentionally copy your idea – I promise!

6. This is a great shot! You traveled to the roof for it?? Nice 😀

• Yeah, but I’m not as cool as that sounds. Most of the parking buildings at the Plaza have an open, rooftop level. 🙂

7. Fabulous composition 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

About Shutterbug Sage

While everyone can benefit from travel, not everyone is in a position to travel the world for a living. EverydayWanderer.com is a blog for people with wanderlust AND a real life.

Architecture, Art, City, Holidays, Photography, Winter