Fountains of Kansas City
While I didn’t grow up in Kansas City, I’m happy to now call it home. Among its other charms, Kansas City has more fountains than any city in the world except Rome, Italy (more than 100) and is officially known as the City of Fountains.
It’s long been a dream of mine to visit and photograph all of the fountains in Kansas City. I’m setting up this page as a part of my site as I work toward that goal. As I am able to capture a fountain, I’ll link to the related blog post until I have worked my way through the entire list.
Fountains of Kansas City
- 5901 College Boulevard, 5901 College Boulevard
- 7101 Tower, 7101 College Boulevard
- Adam and Eve, W. 51st Terr & Wornall Rd
- Adams Dairy Parkway Fountain, Adams Dairy Parkway & R. D. Mize Rd
- Aleman Court Fountain, 310 W 47th St
- Alfred Benjamin Memorial Fountain, 6700 Zoo Dr
- Allen Memorial Fountain, 320 Nichols Road
- American Legion Fountain at Budd Park (1 of 2), Budd Park, East Side of Van Brunt
- American Legion Fountain at Swope Park (2 of 2), Meyer Boulevard and Mall Drive
- American War Mothers Memorial Fountain, 2000 E. Meyer Boulevard
- Antioch Park, 65st & Antioch
- Armour Center Fountain, Brookside Rd & 69th
- Armour Green Fountain, 69th & Grand & Rockhill
- Barnes Memorial Fountain, 500 College Hill
- Barney Allis Plaza Fountain, 205 W. 12th St
- Belinder Court Fountain, Belinder and Tomahawk
- Bernard Powell Memorial Fountain, 28th St & Brooklyn Ave (Southwest Corner)
- Birds in Flight, 6100 Brookside Blvd
- Boy and Frog Fountain, 302 Nichols
- Boy with Frog, 138th & Switzer
- Bronze Boar, 312 W. 47th St.
- Brookwood Fountain, 1904 Brookwood
- Brush Creek Fountains, 375 Ward Parkway
- Butterfly Garden at the Zoo, 6800 Zoo Drive
- Cabella’s Outdoor Fountain, 10300 Cabella Dr.
- Carl J. DiCapo Fountain, 4212 Cliff Dr.
- CarMax, 6801 E. Frontage Rd.
- Children at Play Wall Fountain, 4706 Broadway
- Children’s Fountain, North Oak Trafficway & 32nd St.
- City of Westwood Hills Kansas, 50th & State Line Road
- Clock Tower Plaza Fountain, 7951 Santa Fe Dr.
- Colonial Court, 2900 W. 59th
- Commerce Bank, 10th & Main
- Commerce Bank – Country Club Plaza, 4604 Wyandotte
- Commerce Tower Sunken Garden Fountain, 911 Main (9th & Walnut)
- Court of Lions Fountain I, 4712 Central
- Court of Lions Fountain II, 230 Ward Parkway
- Court of Lions Fountain III, 202 Ward Parkway
- Court of the Penguins Fountain, 525 Nichols Road
- Crown Center, 2440 Grand
- Crown Center Entrance Fountains, 2450 Grand
- D. W. Newcomers Sons Funeral Home Fountains, 1331 Brush Creek
- Delbert J. Haff Circle Fountain, Meyer Boulevard & Swope Pkwy
- Diana, 401 Ward Parkway at Wornall Rd.
- Diane: Sitting, 4720 Jefferson
- E. F. Pierson Sculpture Garden Fountain, 4525 Oak St.
- Eagle Scout Memorial Fountain, 39th & Gillham Rd.
- Eighth Street Fountain I, 8th & Broadway
- Eighth Street Fountain II, 8th & Broadway
- Embassy Suites Hotel Atrium Fountain, 220 West 43rd St.
- Ensley Lake, 63rd & Ensley
- Epperson House Wall Fountain, 5200 Cherry St.
- Eubank Memorial Fountain, 5900 Raytown Rd.
- Ewing & Muriel Kauffman Memorial Garden Fountain, 4800 Rockhill Rd.
- Federal Building, 601 E. 12th St.
- Firefighters’ Fountain, West 31st St. & Broadway
- Fountain Basin / AKA A Mind Soothed, 4525 Oak St.
- Fountain of Bacchus, 4701 Wyandotte St.
- Four Fauns Fountain, 314 Nichols Road
- Frank Land Memorial Fountain, 201 E. Armour
- Glenwood Place Fountain, 95th & Metcalf, NW Corner
- Grace & Holy Trinity Cathedral Courtyard Fountain, W. 13th & Broadway
- Grandview City Hall Veterans Memorial Fountain, 1200 Main St.
- Hallmark Corporate Entrance, 2500 McGee
- Harold D. Rice Fountain, E. 72nd St. & The Paseo
- Harry Evans Minty Memorial Fountain, 6700 Zoo Drive
- Harvester KC, 1100 Walnut
- Helen Cuddy Memorial Rose Garden Fountain, 6501 Antioch Rd.
- Helen Spradling Boylan Memorial Fountain (AKA The Plaza Tennis Center), 4747 JC Nichols Parkway
- Henry Wollman Bloch Memorial Fountain, 30 West Pershing
- Hillside Fountain, Cleveland Ave & Blue Pkwy
- Hyatt Regency Crown Center, 2345 McGee
- Ilus Davis Civic Mall Fountain, 1100 Oak
- J C Nichols Memorial Fountain, NE Corner of 47th & JC Nichols Pkwy
- Jay Wolfe Memorial Fountain, 9650 NW Prairie View Rd
- Jefferson Pointe Apartments, 11810 Farley
- Joe Dennis Park, 50th & Rainbow Blvd
- John Knox G & H Fountain, 512 NW Murray Rd
- John Priest Green Fountain & Grounds, William Jewell College (Yates College Union)
- Kansas City Board of Trade Fountain, 4800 Main
- Kansas City Life 100-year Commemorative Plaza Fountain, 3520 Broadway
- Kansas City Star Fountain, 1729 Grand Ave
- Kingswood Manor Fountain, 10000 Wornall Rd
- Leawood City Hall Courtyard Fountain, 4800 Town Center Dr
- Lenexa City Hall Fountain, 12350 W. 87th St Pkwy at Monrovia
- Liberty Memorial Fountain, 25 Pershing Rd.
- Lighton Plaza I, 7300 College Blvd
- Lighton Plaza II, 7300 College Blvd
- Loose Park Lake Fountain, 5100 Wornall
- Loose Park Rose Garden Fountain, West 52nd St & Summit (West End of Rose Garden)
- Loose Park Wall Fountain-female
- Loose Park Wall Fountain-male
- Mardi Gras Jazz Fountain, 1 Riverboat Dr.
- Marlborough Plaza Fountain, 79th St & The Paseo
- Marriott Kansas City Downtown, 200 W. 12th
- Marriott Residence Inn, 4601 Broadway
- Martha & Jack Steadman Fountain, 4600 Starlight Rd
- Mary A. Fraser Memorial Fountain, 6800 Zoo Dr.
- Mermaid Fountain, 4810 Broadway
- Merriam Visitors Bureau Fountain, 6304 East Frontage Rd.
- Meyer Circle Fountain, Meyer Blvd & Ward Parkway
- Midwest Research Institute, 425 Volker Blvd
- Mill Creek Sanctuary, 4400 JC Nichols Pkwy
- Mission Hills City Hall, 6300 State Line Rd
- Molamphy Memorial Fountain, W. 110th St & Conser
- Muse of the Missouri, 8th & Main St.
- Nebraska Furniture Mart I, 1601 Village West Pkwy
- Nebraska Furniture Mart II, 1601 Village West Pkwy
- Nebraska Furniture Mart III, 1601 Village West Pkwy
- Neptune Fountain, 308 W. 47th St.
- Newport Apartment Fountain, 3536 Baltimore Ave
- Northeast Concourse Fountain, Gladstone & Benton Blvds
- Northland Fountain, North Oak Trafficway & Vivian Rd
- Observation Park Fountain, 21st & Jarboe
- Olathe City Hall Fountain, Kansas & Santa Fe Rds between Park & Cherry
- One Sun/34 Moons, 4525 Oak St.
- Parkville Spirit Fountain, 8701 River Park Dr.
- Pegasus, Ward Pkwy & Pennsylvania Ave
- Penn Tower Building Atrium Fountain, 3100 Broadway
- Pointe Royal Fountain, 6401 W. 123rd St. at Antioch
- Pomona Fountain, 320 Ward Pkwy.
- Pompeiian Urn, 6600 Wenonga Terr
- Prairie Village Gateway Fountain, Tomahawk & Mission Rd
- Prospect Plaza Fountain, NW Corner of 11th & Prospect
- Providence Medical Center Fountain, 8929 Parallel Pkwy
- Quenching Cup, 24th & Troost
- Rain Thicket
- Renner Boulevard Fountains (5) Renner Blvd Between 87th & 111th St
- Robert H. Gillham Fountain, 42nd & Gillham Rd.
- Rockhurst, 1100 Rockhurst Rd
- Romanelli Park Fountain, 6900 Wornall Rd.
- Romany Fountain, Ward Parkway & Romany Dr
- Russell Stover Fountain, 4900 Oak
- Scottish Rite Temple Fountain, Lindwood Blvd & The Paseo
- Sea Horse Fountain, Meyer Blvd & Ward Pkwy
- Sea Horse Fountains at City Hall Fountains, 414 E. 12th St at Oak St
- Seville Light Fountain, 102 W. 47th
- Shawnee Mission Parkway Fountain, Shawnee Mission Pkwy & Nieman Rd
- Shepherds Fountain, 47th & JC Nichols Pkwy
- Shirley Bush Helzberg Garden of the Stars Fountain, 4600 Starlight Rd, West Side
- Sixty-Ninth Street Fountain, Ward Pkwy & W. 69th St
- South Garden Reflecting Pool and Patio, 100 W. 26th St.
- Spirit of Freedom Fountain, 4700 Cleveland Ave
- Sprint Headquarters, W 119th & Lamar
- Station Park Fountain, Third & East Main St
- Stowers Gift of Life Fountain, 1000 E. 50th
- Stratford Garden Park Fountain, 1100 W. 62nd Terr
- Swan Fountain, Ensley Land and Overhill Rd
- The Fountains Luxury Retail Center, 119th & Glenwood
- The Meadows, 7920 Halsey
- Thomas H. Swope Memorial Fountain, Swope Park Golf Course
- Three Lakes Apartments, 12100 Willow Ln
- Tomahawk Creek Apartments Fountain, 11600 Tomahawk Creek Pkwy
- Tomahawk/Wenonga Road Fountain, 67th & Tomahawk Rd & Wenonga
- UMKC Miller Nichols Library Fountain I, E. 51st St & Rockhill Rd
- UMKC Miller Nichols Library Fountain II, E. 51st St & Rockhill Rd
- Union Station, 30 W Pershing Rd
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Centennial Plaza, 3300 Broadway
- Victor X. Anderson Park Fountain, 6090 Woodson Rd
- Vietnam Veterans Fountain, W 42nd & 43rd & Broadway
- Wall Fountain, 1331 Brush Creek
- Ward Parkway Mirror Pool Fountain, W. 61st Terr & 62nd St on Ward Parkway
- Water Spectacular, I-70 & Blue Ridge Blvd
- Westin Crown Center Hotel Lobby Fountain, Grand & Pershing
- Westside Fountain, Southwest Blvd & Summit St
- Westwood, KS, West 47th & Mission Rd
- William T. & Charlotte Crosby Kemper Memorial Fountain (AKA 10th St Fountain), 10th & Main
- William T. Fitzsimons Memorial Fountain, E. 12th St & The Paseo
- William Volker Memorial Fountain (AKA St. Martin of Tours and the Beggar), Volker Blvd & Rockhill Rd
- Women’s Leadership Fountain, E 9th St & The Paseo
- Wornall Road & 67th Street Fountain, 67th & Wornall Rd
Wow! This is an impressive list! I was born in a city that also has fountains almost on every block (Almaty, Kazakhstan). I love fountains, they freshen up the city so nicely. Looking forward to your fountain shots!
Thanks, Yulia! It’s been fun hunting them down and shooting the fountains! 🙂
Who’d have guessed it? Ain’t life grand when you learn something every day?:)
I hear it’s the secret to staying young, keeping a kid’s curiosity and wonder about the world, so I’m going with it! 🙂
I think you’re probably right. It’s certainly one of the things that gives me great joy, and keeps me connected with the rest of the human race:)
Yay! I used to live in Kansas, so I went to KC all the time…there certainly are a lot of fountains!
Dear Crazy, thanks for stopping by! I hope to get more of the fountain photos on the site soon. I hope you’ll stop back by to check them out!
I love it! Keep the updates coming! It’s better than HGTV!
Love the Idea! While I did grow up in KC, I have since moved away. I will be following along for a reminder of home.
How fun that you have ties to KC! I hope to be able to get more of the Fountain and Sculpture shots edited and posted soon. I hope you will come back and check them out!
That surely will be a huge achievement when you have taken a shot of all of them! The city I come from, Aix-en-Provence, in the south of France is also well-known for its more than 250 fountains scattered everywhere! you’d have a blast there too! 😉 or maybe I will, next time I get there : a new goal on photography to share with you at some point! I’ll write it down! 😉
Cheers! and happy wandering KC to shoot those pieces of art.
Jul, merci pour votre message. J’adore Aix-en-Provence et j’espere d’avoir l’occasion de prendre beaucoup de photographe de sa belle fountaines!
On pourra donc en partager quelques unes! Merci pour l’inspiration! 😀
Avec plaisir! 🙂